Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
HR Operations Manager
First Resume Review: 03/09/2020
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Human Resources and Development Division is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an HR Operations Manager. The position will perform professional level work of considerable difficulty leading and managing the day to day operations of HR. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Oversee HRIS processing of all personnel actions and report management.
* Manage full cycle recruitment, reporting, and classification and compensation actions, to include developing and implementing strategies.
* Perform research and compile a variety of analytics to measure effectiveness of HR practices in areas of oversight.
* Conduct HR audits to ensure quality control and compliance with all federal and state employment laws, personnel rules, state and agency policy and procedures.
* Provide guidance on HR matters such as federal and state employment laws, personnel rules, HR policy and procedures to all levels of staff and leadership within the Agency.
* Research, develop and implement new HR policies and procedures approved by Executive Management or mandated by ADOA.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of HR management principles, best practices, federal and state employment laws, statutes, and Arizona Administrative Code (Personnel Rules).
* Serve as a manager to include planning and directing subordinates, and supervisory techniques and practices that include staff development and recognition.
* Skills in strategic planning and consultative approaches.
* Manage multiple projects, conflicting priorities and deadlines.
* Ability to collect, analyze and present complex data relevant to HR functional areas.
* Lead, coach and motivate employees. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels.
* LEAN or other process improvement methodologies.
* Seven or more years of experience in relevant area with increased responsibility over time that includes at least one year of supervisory experience.
* Bachelor’s degree in relevant field may substitute for 2 years of specialized experience.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.