Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
(Personnel Analyst 3)
First Resume Review: 05/24/2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Human Resources and Development is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a HR Generalist. Under the leadership of the HR Operations Manager, the primary focus of this position will be review, analysis, and determination of appropriate job classifications and compensation actions for AHCCCS. The position will have ADOA delegated authority to approve/deny agency job classifications. The position will participate in providing other HR related services to include, but not limited to new employee onboarding, recruitment activities and open enrollment. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Evaluate, analyze, and research classification requests to determine appropriate classifications are being utilized and salaries are equitable. Present and defend recommendations to leadership or other appropriate parties. ADOA delegated authority to approve/deny classification actions.
* Process classification actions in HRIS with regard to position maintenance of 1000 plus positions. Ensure classification action requested coincides accurately with the job code and recorded and populates exact to the application. This position uploads PD's to ADOA PD DMS view center and is responsible for maintaining the PD DMS.
* Evaluate salary requests to determine salary placement and experience credit for new hires and existing employees based on State Compensation Guidelines and comparable salaries paid within AHCCCS. Complete salary analysis and make recommendations.
* Coordinate submission and receipt of agency wide incentives, ensuring compliance with Personnel Rules, State statues and compensation guidelines. Responsible for developing and maintaining templates for submitting nominations, notices of awards, creating tracking logs for divisions and a master file for HR as well as maintaining the master file.
* Oversee various Compensation & Classification lean initiatives to support a culture continuous improvement and efficiency, adapting internal processing & procedures as needed. Prepare, manage, and maintain class/comp metrics for the agency. Utilize HRIS report writer and Data Warehouse.
* Full cycle talent acquisition to include: recruitment consultations, job postings, resume review, applicant screening.
* Provide training and guidance to professional staff related to classification and compensation. Attend Community of Practice meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Strong knowledge of principles, methods, strategies, organizational structure and techniques of classification and compensation administration
* Federal and State rules and regulations and AHCCCS policies and procedures related to human resources, Fair Labor Standards and compensation
* Demonstrated experience with compensation practices using HRIS and the Position Description (PD) Database Management System (DMS)
* Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, Power-point, Visio or comparable software program (Google Suite)
* Demonstrated skills in effective oral/written communications and public speaking/presentations
* Strong ability to analyze & evaluate agency requests to establish, reallocate and/or abolish positions in a timely manner
* Demonstrated experience working with Talent Acquisition and best practices in staffing, recruitment, & selection
* Three to 5-years of work experience in a professional level human resources work environment that includes 2-3 years of demonstrated work experience in the Classification/Compensation disciplines
* A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or closely related field may substitute for 1-year of the professional personnel work experience
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.