Hospital Finance Manager
Hospital Finance Manager
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Hospital Finance Manager
Closing Date: 11/19/2021
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Financial Reporting Manager. This position serves as an agency resource for hospital finance & financial reporting issues. The position is responsible for calculating several hospital funding distributions and for numerous AHCCCS reporting requirements related to hospital reimbursement, profitability, uncompensated care, and the assessment on Arizona hospitals established in Laws 2013, First Special Session, Chapter 10 and Laws 2020, First Session, Chapter 46. This position will be 100% virtual office with the occasional requirement to meet in the office for meetings. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Responsible for all aspects of both the Hospital Assessment Fund (HAF) and the Health Care Investment Fund (HCIF) including development of assessment models producing appx. $1 billion of assessment funds, coordination of the distribution of $1 billion of directed payments, and implementation of required regulatory documents for the State Plan, AZ Administrative Code, and policy.
* Oversight and implementation of the $400 million IGT and State-Funded Graduate Medical Education program for hospitals and the Community Health Centers Graduate Medical Education. This includes calculation of payments, communication and oversight of IGTs, and updates to CMS and State requirements. Assist with other hospital supplemental payments as needed.
* Provide support on CMS or legislative reports by assisting with research, data analysis, and writing reports. Including but not limited to; uncompensated care, hospital profitability, price transparency, emergency room usage, cost and benefit of hospital assessment, funding allocations and other hospital reporting.
* Communicate with hospitals for submission of financial information, IGAs, and other materials needed to secure supplemental funding; track hospital payments, communicate with hospitals about agency policy and payment issues.
* Provide technical expertise for revision to, and participate in revising Arizona Administrative Code, Medicaid State Plan, 1115 Waiver, and other policies and procedures as they related to hospital funding.
* Research techniques for collecting, analyzing, interpreting & communicating results to others.
* Regulations relating to Title XIX Hospital Service Programs & Payment including AHCCCS' hospital reimbursement methodology, the related database & calculation steps for rate updates.
* Advanced knowledge of hospital reimbursement, hospital financial statement preparation & analysis.
* Effective collaboration skills with a diverse work force.
* Proficient in the use of sophisticated analytical software programs.
* Effectively lead and/or facilitate a team of professionals from within and/or outside the agency.
* Collect, analyze & interpret charge & cost data relating to AHCCCS covered service programs & reimbursement policies & procedures.
* Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred, in Business, Accounting and/or Finance, Public Policy or closely related field.
* Three to five years of work experience in a health care related field.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.