HLTH PROG MGR 2
HLTH PROG MGR 2
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Quality Improvement Coordinator - ALTCS EPD/DD Specialist
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Quality Improvement Coordinator-ALTCS EPD/DD Specialist. This position will serve as the AHCCCS Quality Improvement Team’s Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS) Elderly/Physically Disabled (E/PD) and Developmentally Disabled (DD) Subject Matter Expert, with duties and responsibilities that include oversight of Contractor deliverables as they relate to the quality of care and services provided to AHCCCS Medicaid members, completion of assigned Federal and other mandatory reporting requirements, data inquiry support for internal stakeholders, and completion of quality improvement-related readiness and monitoring activities for new and incumbent Contractors. This position is worked from home with some in-office meetings.
* Timely and accurate completion, monitoring, and tracking of all assigned Contractor deliverables including but not limited to EPSDT and Adult Quarterly Monitoring Reports, Quality Management/Performance Improvement (QM/PI) Program Annual Plans, Technology Plans, Integration Plans, Corrective Action Plan Responses, and ACC Readiness Activities.
* Participation in Operational Reviews, deliverable reviews, audits, and other forms of Contractor monitoring, as necessary.
* Serving as the Quality Improvement (QI) Subject Matter Expert for Managed Long Term Supports and Services (mLTSS)-related project activities including but not limited to; performance measure research, review, and selection; active participation and lead (as assigned) for care and services auditing and survey efforts specific to the ALTCS populations.
* Developing data requests and reports that support multiple Division of Healthcare Management (DHCM) clinical teams including Quality Management, Maternal Child Health, EPSDT, and Quality Improvement; assist with data reviews and provide analytic supports, as needed.
* Functioning as a key project contact and the project lead for Hybrid Performance Measure review and auditing efforts, conducting necessary project management efforts to promote and ensure the timely completion of reports in accordance to established deadlines.
* Participating in and supporting ongoing Quality Improvement efforts including (but not limited to) methodology development, project tracking, data analysis, and report writing .
* Active participation and representation of AHCCCS at the stakeholder engagement sessions, conferences, technical assistant meetings, and other presentations, webinars, and meetings.
* Advanced statistical skills; manipulation and analysis of large data sets; technical query development from data systems; and methods of interpreting clinical quality data.
* Research methods, including methodology development, sampling techniques, methods to identify variation in clinical performance data, statistical analysis and data quality/validation methods.
* In-depth knowledge of and at least three years experience with quality measurement, including Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) technical specifications, Consumer Assessment of Health Plan Satisfaction, and other National Committee for Quality Assurance measures
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills (all programs)
* Organizational skills that result in prioritization of multiple tasks and ability to meet deadlines
* Knowledge of healthcare delivery systems nationally and locally, including principles of managed care
* Team player, with ability to collaborate and maintain effective working relationships with people in positions of all levels
* Experience with Cognos and Tableau or similar data analytics platforms
* At least one-two years experience working in a Managed Care environment
* Knowledge of State and Federal policies and procedures governing Title XIX, Title XXI, Managed Care, LTC and Tribal
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.