Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Health Program Manager 2
First Resume Review: 03/20/2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The newly established Division of Health Care Advocacy & Advancement (DHCAA) ensures Health Plan and Program Contractors’ resolution of consumer affairs and human rights issues and compliance with related aspects of their contracts. The DHCAA is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Health Program Manager 2. Under the supervision of the Individual and Family Affairs Bureau Chief, this position will help establish partnerships with key stakeholders and state/local organizations to promote recovery, resiliency, and wellness throughout Arizona. The position is responsible to help support the development, promotion, implementation, and strategic planning to establish a statewide network of individuals, youth and families to enhance peer and family voice into both the leadership and delivery of behavioral health services throughout Arizona and all associated contracts. This position will provide technical assistance to the local and state Community Service Agencies, Provider Organizations and AHCCCS Health Plans.. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Support and assists in developing avenues for peers and families to participate in system of care activities at all levels of the behavioral health system (e.g., providers, T/RBHAs, ACC Plans and AHCCCS) to identify their concerns, remove barriers and resolve issues impacting service delivery.
* Provides training, technical assistance and related instructional materials to adults, youth and families on areas such as leadership and advocacy skills, system navigation and resource identification and coordination.
* Advocates for the development of an environment that is supportive and welcoming to participation (e.g., times and places of meetings, stipends, preparing and supporting individuals).
* Works with peers and family members to ensure their voice is included in the design, implementation, delivery, monitoring, and evaluations of the Arizona public behavioral health system.
* Assists with review and creation of AHCCCS policies related to behavioral health services in Arizona.
* Facilitates meetings, events and work groups. Presents information to community members of the AHCCCS Integrated Health Care Model.
* Other duties as assigned as related to the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Issues and concerns regarding adults and youth with behavioral health challenges.
* Self-identify as a person who has received or is receiving behavioral health services in the public system.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Experienced in examining and developing operations and procedures and implementing new strategies as needed.
* Accomplished at public speaking and facilitating groups, capable of creating documents, reports and other communications in a variety of software programs.
* Self-motivated individual able to work with a wide range of constituencies and a diverse community.
* Competent at developing educational materials and facilitating workshops, able to travel throughout the State of Arizona as needed.
* Preference will be given to candidates with lived experience of recovery from a mental health disorder who is or has received services in the Arizona publicly funded behavioral health system and/or family member with lived experience as a primary support of someone with a mental health disorder who is or has received services in the Arizona publicly funded behavioral health system.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.