Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
HEALTH PROGRAM MANAGER 2
First Resume Review: 8/01/2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Arizona Advisory Council on Indian Health Care (AACIHC)is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Health Program Manager. The purpose of this position will be to assist the Executive Director of the AACIHC in providing administrative support in the coordination and evaluation of health care policies and grant oversight, impacting American Indians and complying with mandated activities required by AACIHC statutes. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Create position papers or briefing documents for review by the AACIHC membership pertaining to policies & regulations that address American Indian health issues in Arizona. Assist the Director in monitoring the Arizona State Legislature pertaining to health policy that affects American Indian health concerns in order to update stakeholders.
* Assist the Executive Director in grant research, writing and evaluation of projects.
* Complete AACIHC assigned activities that are required per the AACIHC statutes. Prepare and present status reports to the AACIHC/tribes.
* Assist with maintenance of AACIHC website. Coordinate and participate in meetings. Arrange for trainings and/or orientations by specialty services as needed by tribes. Provide presentations to organizations as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of policies, procedures and programs of the State, AHCCCS/ALTCS & tribal health care delivery systems.
* Skills in grant writing requirements, administration and oversight.
* Ability to effectively communicate and interact with AACIHC members, tribal members, State agencies, staff members & outside health care representatives and exercise a high degree of discretion and independent judgement.
* Knowledge of tribal cultures, traditions and customs, tribal governments, federal government and state relationships.
* Skills in Google Suite or comparable software program.
* Ability to represent tribal concerns regarding cultural and traditional differences.
* Bachelor's degree in health/social services related field or business/public administration and 2 years of work experience in health care administration to include tribal health care systems, planning and program development.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.