Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Grants Program Coordinator
First Resume Review: 11/26/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Grants Administration (DGA) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Grants Program Coordinator. This position is a part of a specialized group that provides management of the Opioid Federal grants. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Provide comprehensive financial analysis and expertise on areas including, budget, cash management, cost allocation, labor activity, grants management, fiscal audit controls, internal control, and payment reconciliation, compliance with state and federal regulations, sub-recipient monitoring, and state and federal reporting.
* Preparation and timely submission of grant applications to include review of the funding opportunity request, budget development, and coordination of financial requests throughout the life of the grants.
* Monitor and review contractor expenditure reports and ensure grant compliance. Comply with all federal grant reporting requirements by coordinating the collection of data with the relevant contractors and ensuring that contracts have appropriate grant policies. Maintain and enter the grant information in the E-civis system.
* Maintain grant and contract files to ensure grant regulations, contract spreadsheets, procurement and payment information is up-to-date and in compliance.
* Oversee and process of grant expenditures and revenues reconciliations. Participate in grant close outs and ensure that the financial records are accurate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Federal and State laws, rules, regulations and policies governing financial requirements related to the Agency’s programs as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), State of Arizona Accounting Manual (SAAM), Principles and practices of accounting and auditing in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Arizona Revised Statutes including current legislative session law and AHCCCS Administrative Policies and Procedures.
* Automated accounting systems and in software applications in a Windows and or Google environments; Excel, Word, Access, and other PC based accounting databases, spreadsheet and mainframe software
* Skilled in communicating financial information effectively with a wide variety of individuals at all organizational levels both in oral and written format
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a high paced, continuously changing environment with frequently changing priorities
* Skill in analytical, organizational and problem solving, including interpreting financial and statistical data
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Public Administration or other related field and/or four years of progressively responsible grant management experience with a regional, state or federal agency.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.