ARIZONA HEALTH CARE COST CONTAINMENT SYSTEM Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First resume review: 08/06/2020
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
JOB SUMMARY: The Division of the Grants Administration (DGA) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Grant Manager. The Grants Manager will be responsible for oversight and management of current and future grants related to the behavioral health system (i.e. substance use disorder, mental health, substance use primary prevention, integrated care, etc). The Grants Manager will serve as an expert on questions related to service delivery and oversight for substance use throughout Arizona. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Assist in the management of the day to day federal and state grant activities to include, but not limited to development and enforcement of grant programs, fiscal and administrative management, and monitoring and evaluation of program outcomes.
* Supervision of direct reports.
* Write grant applications, reports, curricula, protocols, policies, and other project management documents (such as minutes, meeting agendas, implementation plans, action plans, etc.) related to behavioral health delivery system.
* Provide training and technical assistance to Contractors, providers, community-based coalitions, and tribes in evidence based practices, program development and grant administration.
* Work with the Grants Administrator of the Office of Grants Administration to review, recommend and implement changes as needed 1n the behavioral service delivery system through grant administration, policies and procedures, and process improvement activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): * Arizona’s behavioral health program system (mental health, substance use, integrated care)
* Project Management
* Prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
* Strategic planning, work plan development, needs assessments and evaluation
* Strong negotiation and problem resolution skills
* Effectively communicate orally and in writing
* Current evidence based practices and research in prevention, treatment, and recovery
SELECTIVE PREFERENCE(S): * Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a behavioral health related field with at least 5 years of clinical, programmatic experience (combination of direct services and grant experience) with a minimum of two years supervisory experience.
* Prefer a Licensed Behavioral Health Professional or a Master's degree in a behavioral health related field.
BENEFITS At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application. For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.
Please apply for this position by following the link provided below. A new window will open on your screen and you will be directed to the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) employment website.