Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 08/20/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Office of the Grants Administration (OGA) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Grants Manager. This position will be responsible for oversight and management of current and future grants related to the behavioral health system (i.e. substance use disorder, mental health, substance use primary prevention, integrated care, etc). The Grants Manager will serve as an expert on questions related to service delivery and oversight for substance use and mental health throughout Arizona. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Assist in the management of the day to day federal and state grant activities to include, but not limited to development and enforcement of grant programs, fiscal and administrative management.
* Monitor and evaluation of program outcomes.
* Supervision of direct reports.
* Write grant applications, reports, curricula, protocols, policies, and other project management documents (such as minutes, meeting agendas, implementation plans, action plans, etc.) related to behavioral health delivery system.
* Provide training and technical assistance to Contractors, providers, community-based coalitions, and tribes in evidence based practices, program development and grant administration.
* Work with the Grants Administrator of the Office of Grants Administration to review, recommend and implement changes as needed in the behavioral service delivery system through grant administration, policies and procedures, and process improvement activities.
* Interprets policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated knowledge of Arizona's behavioral health program delivery system (mental health, substance use. integrated care).
* Knowledge in strategic planning, work plan development, needs assessments, and evaluation.
* Knowledge of current evidence based practices and research in prevention, treatment, and recovery.
* Demonstrated knowledge of performance management (PM) model and continuous quality improvement (CQI) methods in a public health setting.
* Strong public speaking and training skills.
* Oversight and monitoring contractual requirements.
* Strong skills in Project Management, negotiation and problem resolution.
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a behavioral health related field with at least five years of clinical, programmatic experience (combination of direct services and grant experience), with a minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
* Prefer a Licensed Behavioral Health Professional or a Master's degree in a behavioral health related field
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.