The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Salary: $39983 - $57000
The Division of the Grants Administration (DGA) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Grants Coordinator. This position will serve as the liaison with contractors regarding Substance Abuse Block Grant (SABG) primary prevention and early intervention activities. This position will serve as a substance abuse primary prevention Subject Matter Expert (SME) and coordinate federal level grants to address and substance abuse issues within Arizona. This position requires writing grant applications and reports, as well as the oversight, monitoring, implementation, and contracts related to grant funded programs. The position is grant funded and may be eliminated based on the availability of funding. Candidates are to be made aware, in writing, that the position is for the duration of the grant funding during the recruitment process, and in the job offer letter to the successful candidate.
* Oversee Substance Abuse Block Grant (SABG) contracts and activities. Maintain close contact with Contractor's staff regarding substance use disorder primary prevention, SABG, and Synar activities. Monitor contractor performance through the annual operational review, annual reports, site visits, and recurring coordination meetings. Provides training and technical assistance to contractors as needed.
* Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for substance abuse primary prevention for the Division of Grants Administration (DGA), which will include but is not limited to providing trainings to AHCCCS staff, contractors, and stakeholders as appropriate.
* Assist with and facilitate AHCCCS projects. Projects to include, but are not limited to: submitting and assisting in the development of grant applications, navigating and managing data submissions to grant systems such as WebBGas and eRA Commons, federal deliverable development and submission, Contractor
* Assess, plan, implement, and monitor all aspects of the statewide substance abuse primary prevention strategic plan, including managing plan updates, monitoring all evaluation activities, and providing recommendations for training and technical assistance to the statewide substance abuse prevention system.
* Prepare reports, written communication and presentations which include statistics and financial data pertaining to prevention programs.
* Works with community and state stakeholders and the federal government to develop, modify, adapt policies, and improve the efficacy of services in Arizona
* Project Management including grant work plans, timelines, and deliverables.
* Experience providing substance abuse primary prevention services, as well as knowledge of Arizona's behavioral health program delivery system (mental health, substance use and integrated care).
* Knowledge of and/or experience in implementing evidence based practices and research in Substance Use Disorder (SUD) primary prevention.
* Oversight and monitoring contractual requirements
* Computer skills including use of Microsoft Office (or comparable software program)
* Strong negotiation and problem resolution skills
* Effectively communicate orally and in writing
* Plan and implement complex initiatives, tasks and events
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in the behavioral health field, or related field
* Two years of experience working in primary prevention services
* Masters degree in behavioral health or related field, Multi-lingual
* Certified Prevention Specialist or related certification
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.