Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Program Service Evaluator 5
First Resume Review will be 1/14/2019
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Member Services (DMS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Financial Eligibility Quality Assurance Supervisor. This position provides direct supervision, mentors and evaluates a team of Quality Assurance (QA) reviewers who evaluate eligibility cases for errors. They are responsible for reviewing the work of eligibility specialist who completes determinations in either ACE or HEAplus. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Hiring, supervising assigning work, monitors and evaluates job performance.
* Develops, implements and conducts orientation and on the job training for QA Reviewers and Financial eligibility staff.
* Compile statistics and monthly reports of QA results and new hire performance. Review and analyze statistical reports.
* Coordinate special projects which may include duties from Field operations and the office of client advocacy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge in the principles and practice of supervision and management.
* Knowledge of Quality Assurance (QA) process and how findings relate to the specific functions performed by other staff.
* Skills in establishing and maintain effective working relationships. Interpersonal skills to effectively manage staff and interact with program contractors, health plans and AHCCCS members.
* Communicating effectively verbally and in writing with staff members of varied backgrounds and at different skill and experience levels.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and to prioritize.
* Ability to develop program evaluation procedures and monitor program performance to ensure compliance with rules, regulations and policies.
* A minimum of two years of experience in financial eligibility.
* One year of supervisory experience is recommended.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.