Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 02/19/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Financial Consultant. Under the direction of the Finance and Program Manager, this position is responsible for oversight of all monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting for assigned AHCCCS Health Plans. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Review of Quarterly Financial Reporting.
* Review of Annual Financial Reporting.
* Preparation of Internal Financial Reporting.
* Algorithm, Equity Distribution analysis, contract, policy, rule and law interpretation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of AHCCCS/Administrative policies and procedures
* Knowledge of AHCCCS managed care services contract provisions
* Knowledge of Health care programs and principles and models of prepaid health program
* Knowledge of accounting, financial reporting, auditing and financial analysis
* Skilled in the principles of accounting and financial reporting, GAAP and GASB
* Skilled in the techniques, tools, procedures and methods to monitor the ongoing financial positions of the Health Plans
* Skilled in financial statement review and analysis
* Masters level degree in business or C.P.A.
* Two-three years experience with managed health care programs
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.