Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 09/04/19
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Financial Analyst. This position is a key position in the area of financial oversight and reporting. The position will prepare financial summaries of the AHCCCS ACC, RBHA, CMDP, Long-Term Care Programs and Medicare Advantage from the contractors’ interim, unaudited quarterly financial statements, draft annual audit and final annual audit reports. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Develop, prepare and distribute a variety of reports, charts and graphs including: quarterly financial summaries for the ACC, ALTCS, MAPD, RBHA and CMDP programs.
* Develop, prepare and distribute a variety of reports, charts and graphs including: monthly claims payment dashboard charts and graphs; monthly capitation report and performance bond summary; and monthly enrollment demographic reports.
* Download and file Contractors’ financial deliverables.
* Prepare the semi-annual CHEAT Sheet every May and November.
* Work directly with CMS and the DHCM management team, prepare the annual CMS enrollment survey as well as address any questions they may have.
* Provide technical assistance to and/or address questions from Contractors relating to financial reporting data elements on an as needed basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated experience in accounting principles and auditing practices.
* Demonstrated experience in Excel, MS Access, COGNOS, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Ability to work independently, plan, organize and multi-task to ensure completion of multiple work assignments within required timeframes.
* Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with a variety of people.
* Ability to interpret federal and state laws as well as agency contracts and policies.
* Bachelor of Science in Finance or Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting.
* Two years professional level health care organization experience preferably as an auditor or analyst.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.