The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Salary: $12.15 hourly
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a State Government Intern in our Finance Unit.
* Develop some COGNOS queries to assist in the validation of data/information, for example, Contractors’ self-reported revenue and member months.
* Develop, implement and test various automated Excel, MS Access or COGNOS queries to monitor and summarize Contractors’ financial information.
* Assist with the Unit’s LEAN objective of process improvement by automating (either developing Excel macros or MS access databases) and writing the desk level procedures for the new processes.
* Develop other desk level procedures.
* Update weekly Finance Huddle Board metrics.
* Demonstrated experience in Excel and/or MS Access
* Familiar with financial statements
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and see project through to completion.
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of professionals both orally and written.
* Above average computer skills in Excel and MS Access
* Some experience with decision support software such as Business Objects or COGNOS
* Enrolled in an undergraduate program with completion of the following courses: Accounting 101, General Business and Computer Software.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.