Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Fee-for-Service Rates Analyst
First Resume Review: 01/04/2019
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Financial Consultant for Fee-for-Service Rates. Under the direction of the Fee for Service (FFS) Rates Manager, this position is responsible for the following: developing and managing assigned FFS schedules, including conducting fiscal impact analysis to the State or providers and implementing any changes; researching, analyzing, and implementing differential adjusted payment policies; assisting in drafting public notices and rule changes; assisting in the coordination of organ transplants. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Perform complex data analyses and fiscal impact analyses for proposed changes to reimbursement rates and methodologies; develop and present recommendations to management.
* Researching, analyzing, and implementing differential adjusted payment policies.
* Assisting FFS Rates Manager in coordination of organ transplants.
* Writing, researching, and analyzing alternative rate-setting methodologies, various administrative rules, policies and requirements, both state and federal as they apply to fiscal responsibilities.
* Attend internal and external meetings serving as the agency's rate-setting expert to answer questions, provide recommendations and participate in problem solving and decision making.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of financial/fiscal data analysis methods and statistical analysis and research methodology.
* Ability to analyze and synthesize financial and/or managerial data and complex payment issues
* Business writing, including technical/analytical reports and drafting summaries of quantitative analysis.
* Demonstrated experience using mainframe systems, such as TSO and CICS environments; knowledge of PC and mainframe computer system applications, programming and operations within the context of healthcare industry usage.
* Ability to work and communicate with a broad spectrum of professionals internally and externally and the ability to effectively present information both orally and in writing.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid payment regulations, and state and federal laws relating to the AHCCCS program.
* Knowledge of AHCCCS mainframe databases including claims and encounters, recipient files, provider files and reference tables.
* Graduate degree in business, economics, health administration or related field.
* Coursework in intermediate/advanced level statistics, applied research methodology, computer application/programming, accounting/finance/economics, management and healthcare/medical terminology.
* One-three years experience in health care industry.
* Experience using Cognos/Business Objects or other SQL program.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.