Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Apply by: 08/20/2018
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Facilities Administrator. This position is responsible for managing the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery, and buildings at both the Agency’s Central Office and statewide Field Office locations. The position plans, budgets and schedules facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labor, materials and other related costs; manages and assists in the completions of day-to-day activities involving grounds keeping, security and overall appearance of facilities. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Conducts inspections of buildings and property grounds to ensure they comply with national and local building codes, safety laws and rules, and ADA compliant.
* Responds to any and all building security or maintenance problems that occur after normal business hours. This position is on-call for facility emergencies.
* Management of all construction projects from the concept stage to the completion of construction. Assures and monitors projects within timeframes and budgetary restraints. Ensures that all work is in accordance with ADA laws, specifications and applicable building codes.
* Oversees the maintenance and budget for the Agency’s motor pool.
* Responsible for management of the security contractor. Plans and organizes work involving security, police and fire protection of all AHCCCS properties.
* Responsible for management of the warehouse, maintenance and grounds. Oversees and supervises ground and maintenance staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of all types of building construction, materials and methods of the stages of construction and applying of the laws and ordinances regulating building construction.
* Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, mechanical and related codes. Knowledge and skills in reading and interpreting blueprints and structural components of building and related utilities services systems.
* Knowledge and skills in applying of security, safety and fire protection techniques, including investigation and risk management concerns.
* Knowledge and skills in supervisory principles and techniques related to organization and management of staff.
* Knowledge and skills in acquiring, maintaining and managing a fleet of vehicles.
* Interpersonal skills in dealing with internal and external customers and management of all levels. Excellent verbal and written communication to impact specific and concise information.
* Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
* Requires a physical examination, because of the position’s requirement to be able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
* Five years of Facilities Management experience appropriate to the assignment, including but not limited to; working in the trades: drywall, plumbing, painting, carpeting and tile; with security and ID systems; and with a/c back net systems..
* Knowledge and skills in computer applications, such as Microsoft Applications; Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
* Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700.