Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Executive Staff Assistant
First Resume Review: 03/20/2020
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Executive Staff Assistant. The Executive Staff Assistant will support and report to the Assistant Director of Operations and Clinical (AD) and provide administrative support to the Administration. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Scheduling and managing an extensive calendar of internal and external Unit meetings, preparing meeting materials, drafting agendas, coordinating logistics and recording minutes from the various meetings.
* Providing general administrative support to AD and Administrators, managing unit calendars and providing general administrative support. Ensure readiness for new hires. Serve as backup for data entry into the Arizona Procurement Management System. Will serve as a backup to the Financial Assistant Director’s assistant and the Operations Administrator’s administrative assistant.
* Oversee the electronic time entries (ETEs) for the AD’s direct reports, making sure staff submit their ETEs and track and maintain leave request schedules.
* Autonomously draft communications and tools related to projects assigned and develop spreadsheets, reports, etc. as requested by staff.
* Distribute mail, supply orders and work with the Business Partner’s administrative assistant and the Financial AD’s executive assistant to ensure the printers, copiers and fax machines are working properly. Will ensure the working areas are fully functional and submit maintenance requests when necessary.
* Comply with data retention policies and processes and regularly clear out electronic and hard copy files in accordance with requirement.
* Assist the Business Partners and administrative assistant in tracking personnel actions, out-of-state travel, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Microsoft office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and Power Point. GoToMeeting, WebEx and conference line scheduling procedures
* Strong document editing and organizational skills.
* Performing and accomplishing tasks with minimal direction and guidance in research, reviewing work for accuracy, completeness and conformance to established requirements.
* Organize, plan and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
* Maintenance and organization of filing systems and office procedures
* Procurement process and Procure AZ
* Communicating effectively in an oral and written manner and providing customer service with internal and external staff.
* The preferred candidate will have 3-4 years of administrative assistant experience with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google products. Experience providing administrative support to upper management level staff. The ideal candidate will posses two years of college or university education.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.