Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Director of Housing
First Resume Review: 04/11/2019
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Director of Housing. The Director of Housing will lead one of the most unique and innovative permanent supportive housing programs in the country. As a key role within the agency, the Housing Director will oversee a portfolio of over 3,200 units of permanent supportive housing throughout the State of Arizona and will work with a network of health plans and service providers. The Director of Housing will also be responsible for managing a $2 million dollar a year housing trust fund aimed at development and acquisition of affordable housing. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Set direction, create linkages among programs and departments, lead housing staff within health plans and establish targets necessary to achieve the strategies and mission of the agency.
* Ensure program compliance with federal law, applicable state laws and AHCCCS related policy. Ensure proper monitoring of housing programs including utilization, average housing assistance payments, vacancy rates, and evictions/terminations.
* Develop and prepare annual budgets and spending plans for contractors that are allocated housing funds. Create and implement audit protocol for housing programs including HQS inspections, rent calculations, payment standards and adherence to fair housing principles. Assist with the development of new housing programs in accordance with agency plans, review and evaluate site selection criteria, comprehensive plans, housing market analyses, need studies and related reports.
* Serve on key committees and roles such as The Continuum of Care, Coordinated Entry sub-committees, Governor’s Goal Council and other special projects as directed. Provide technical expertise to the Director of Medicaid, health plans, community partners and members as needed.
* Work with community partners to leverage the SMI Housing Trust Fund for development and acquisition of real estate.
* Recommend new policies; develop procedures and strategies for implementation. Review, analyze and control operational effectives and related work practices, develop and implement strategies for operational improvement and program advancement.
* Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with a variety of stakeholders to advance program objectives. Deliver presentations as directed to a variety of community stakeholders, government agencies and interested parties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated knowledge of Federal and State housing programs for specialty populations: potential sources of funding to support implementation of the permanent supportive housing model.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Performance Management (PM) Model and continuous quality improvement (CQI) methods.
* Demonstrated knowledge of State and Federal laws, regulations, rules and practices for affordable housing and permanent supportive housing.
* Must possess excellent oral and written presentation and communication skills for diverse audiences
* Strong skills with computer programs such as Google email and calendar; Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
* Strong ability to present and engage with large groups of diverse stakeholders including members, providers, health plans and policymakers.
* Five-years of experience in public housing, housing choice voucher or homeless systems administration, or similar experience in residential, rental property management, or affordable housing and or homeless-centered service delivery systems, including four years of senior-level managerial experience.
* Master’s Degree preferred
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.