Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
DHCM HR Business Partner
First Resume Review: 12/13/2018
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a HR Business Partner. This position serves as the HR liaison between the division and the Human Resources department and plays an integral role in the coordination of human resource activities for employees within the division. Under the direction of the two Assistant Directors, will develop the annual DHCM budget and monitor divisional expenditures. This position supervises and oversees the work of two employees. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Manage the personnel needs and employee relations for the Division of Health Care Management. Provide advice and make recommendations to division management regarding classification compensation, recruitment, employment and staffing issues.
* Develop and coordinate assigned DHCM projects and activities with two staff members and other AHCCCS divisions.
* Develop the division’s purchasing policy and guidelines. Review requisition requests for approval. Authorized to approve or deny purchase requisitions.
* Manage and supervise two staff members.
* Inform the Assistant Directors of any operational problems, which may affect the division and provide solutions.
* Manage the development and preparation of the department’s budget requests. Monitor expenditures and obligations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated knowledge of ADOA Personnel Rules.
* Strong ability to prioritize work load and responsibilities; handle multiple work assignments and effectively change priorities; and work independently with minimal oversight.
* Ability to be objective when making decisions or recommendations regarding the division.
* Demonstrated knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
* Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook; and Google Products.
* Knowledge of fiscal management, governmental training and purchasing.
* Demonstrated verbal, written and organizational skills.
* Formal education foundation in Business Administration, Public Administration or Finance/Accounting.
* Four years experience in professional personnel work.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.