Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Data Warehouse Supervisor
First Resume Review: 9/21/2018
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Office of the Director (OOD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Data Warehouse Supervisor. The Data Warehouse Supervisor will be responsible for managing the work of all technical staff including mentoring and coaching of staff members, and provides feedback and oversight to vendors and contractors. The Data Warehouse Supervisor provides oversight to all BI related production support including on-call as necessary (24/7). Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Responsible for direct supervision of all BI technical unit staff and functions. Coaches and mentors all technical staff and provides direction and support to any contractors working on the BI systems and processes. Performs all administrative function regarding management of technical staff including interviewing and hiring, training, discipline, annual reviews and performance plans.
* Responsible for all technical aspects of the business intelligence infrastructure. Ensures that ETL, data architecture, data models, security, and overall technical functioning of the data warehouse are optimal.
* With a strong understanding of AHCCCS business and processes, and as an expert in AHCCCS data, actively participate in interdivisional projects in order to proactively obtain and provide information and assist decision makers to determine what information AHCCCS has and how to effectively and efficiently access the available information.
* Assist in ETL and developmental activities. Provide back-up and support staff performing on-call activities.
* Proactively seek to add value to the system by staying current on industry practices and participating in projects that involve leaders both inside and outside of the Agency. To facilitate and stay current of meetings/seminars within and outside the Agency with regard to responsibilities.
* Independently manage BI team in the absence of the BI Administrator
* Other duties as assigned as related to the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of Data Warehouses and Business Intelligence Tools, Cognos Framework Manager, Reporting Studio, Query Studio or equivalent BI tool
* Knowledge of Medicaid/Medicare programs and services
* Ability to provide expert direction to technical staff and business units regarding all aspects of AHCCCS data
* Ability to provide oversight and direction to all subordinate staff in the Business Intelligence Center
* Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Project
* Skilled in written and verbal communication
* Skilled in Data Analysis and Data Modeling
* Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field.
* Minimum of 10 years of experience with broad based IT systems.
* 10 Years of experience in Medicaid and/or Medicare.
* Minimum 5 years of experience with data warehouses and business intelligence tools
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700.