Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Data Warehouse Developer
This position will remain open until filled.
First Resume Review: 9/24/2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Data Warehouse Developer. The AHCCCS Data Warehouse was established 13+ years ago and is currently comprised of a small four person team. With our continued growth, as well as multiple cloud deployment in the near future, we are looking to expand by adding a new member to our team. We offer training opportunities with various BI related software tools, as well as the flexibility of working remotely two days per week. This position will work with various customers throughout the agency to identify data needs and then define, develop and test new extract, transform, and load (ETL) solutions. This person will also be asked to maintain production ETL processes, occasionally in an on-call capacity, to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of all data loads. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Define, develop, test and implement new or revised applications throughout the realm of the Business Intelligence team.
* Support existing extract, transform, and load processes.
* Actively participate in multi-divisional projects as a data lead.
* Provide periodic 24/7 on call support for production issues.
* Attend meetings within the Agency with regard to business intelligence needs of the Agency
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Data Warehouse concepts, practices, and procedures
* ETL tools and processes (i.e. Informatica)
* Strong understanding of SQL
* Business Requirements Analysis
* Oracle and SQLServer database management systems
* Data Analysis / Data Modeling; SQL query optimization
* Excellent oral and written communication
* 1-3 years of data warehousing experience related to databases and BI tools
* 1-3 years of experience defining and developing ETL processes
* Knowledge of health care operations and terminology, preferably within Medicaid
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related area
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.