Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Data Governance Manager
First Resume Review: 9/21/2018
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Office of the Director (OOD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Data Governance Manager. The Data Governance Manager will partner with business and technology leaders to establish policies, practices and organizational change to promote data sharing between agencies with limitations imposed by statutes and the regulatory environment. The role requires strong leadership, collaboration and executive level communication and presentation skills, deep experience and proven success in leading major data and information management initiatives. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Collaborate with line of business data owners to assess, prioritize and mitigate risks that may affect business operations and regulatory compliance resulting from data quality issues; responds promptly to customer needs; takes a customer-centric approach to problem solving related to data management; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests to service and assistance; meets commitments.
* Drive efforts to educate executives, employees and customers the strategic value of data and its important role as a business asset and decision making tool along with a thorough knowledge of interrelationships among various internal and external organizational functions.
* Monitor data related systems initiatives including planning and/or implementation of programs. Assess vendor offering in the data software, tools or services space.
* Provide reports to executive leadership to develop and promote adoption and implementation of data policies and data strategy. Develop a data classification program with particular importance of security.
* Establish and monitor data quality efforts and provide a central leadership for the resolution of data issues and develops methods to monitor program or area progress and takes corrective actions.
* Work with state agency leadership to develop and promote adoption and implementation of data policies and data strategy.
* Provide leadership to AHCCCS in data policy, Statewide Data Management Steering Committee and manages overall program(s), which may include multiple sub projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of Data Warehouses and Business Intelligence Tools, Cognos Framework Manager, Reporting Studio Query or equivalent BI tool
* Knowledge of Medicaid/Medicare care programs and services
* Demonstrated ability to provide expert direction to technical staff and business units regarding all aspects of AHCCCS data
* Strong ability to provide oversight and direction to all subordinate staff in the Business Intelligence Center
* Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Project or comparable software programs
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field
* Minimum of 10 years of experience with broad based IT systems
* Minimum 10 years of experience in Medicaid and/or Medicare
* 5 years’ experience with data warehouse and business intelligence tools
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700.