Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Data Entry Specialist
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Fee for Service Management (DFSM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Data Entry Specialist. This position will be responsible for data entry of medical claims. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Data entry of medical claims, form types CMS 1500s, UB’s and ADA Dental Forms.
* Verifying and correcting key fields in medical claims forms in KTM.
* Data entry of claims into PMMIS mainframe claims system.
* Confers with supervisor regarding problem claims.
* Work in a production environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated data entry experience.
* Experience in handling a large volume of repetitive tasks.
* Proficient in typing, ten key, computer skills, accuracy and speed.
* Ability to change priorities quickly when asked by supervisor and to meet daily goals.
* Strong effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
* 9,000 - 10,000 keystrokes per hour.
* Demonstrated experience processing medical claims.
* Knowledge of medical claim form types (1500, UB & ADA).
* Self-reliant with minimal supervision.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.