Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Customer Service Representative 3
Apply By: 01/21/2019
This Recruitment is for AHCCCS Employees Only
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Member Services (DMS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Customer Service Representative 3 with a working title of Client Advocate. This position is be responsible for answering incoming calls on the Client Advocate line. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Answering inbound calls received by the agency’s Client Advocate phone line. Some high level inquiries from the Governor’s Office and legislature.
* Researching various systems to resolve involved customer issues.
* Contacting health plans or pharmacies to resolve issues.
* Answering general eligibility questions and offering resources.
* Initiating referrals to member database management to ensure correct enrollment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Documented experience with Arizona Medicaid programs and multiple systems
* Knowledge of Customer Service techniques
* Possess strong written and oral communication skills
* Ability to work within a team setting or independently
* Work a variety of tasks while handling incoming calls
* Experience working at AHCCCS or DES to have an understanding of Medicaid eligibility and/or enrollment
* Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus, but not required
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.