ARIZONA HEALTH CARE COST CONTAINMENT SYSTEM Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Customer Service Representative 2 - Special Assistance Workers (SAW) OCARE
First Resume Review: 09/22/2020
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
JOB SUMMARY: The Division of Member Services (DMPS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Customer Service Representative 2 with a working title of Special Assistance Workers for the Office of Communication, Advocacy, & Resolution & Enrollment (OCARE). This position will be working to provide assistance with handling all request for special accommodations, sometimes in a call center environment The Special Assistance Workers (SAW) position provide dedicated focus on the needs of people with disabilities and will help customers who need assistance receiving alternative communications through AHCCCS. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Handle all requests for Special Accommodation. Including completing research in HEAPlus using advanced skills and options, creating documents and PDFs as needed in alternative format to accommodate request.
* Answer SAW group calls and maintain the SAW group email address within established guidelines.
* Answer calls from the general public, providers and AHCCCS members within the established call center guidelines.
* Open return mail scan the notification, upload document to HEAplus and documentation account.
* Maintain the Alternative Format Application work load in HEAPlus
* Attend weekly SAW meetings in person and via teleconference.
* Actively participate in the Arizona Management System initiative within the unit, division and agency.
* Phase 1 of the candidate selection process requires completion of a writing exercise within a required timeframe. Candidates are contacted by email.
* Due to COVID-19 precautions the recruiting process has been adjusted to meet the standard health guidelines outlined by the State. Interviews will be conducted virtually and may also be by way of video conference utilizing a platform like Google Meet/Hangouts or WebEx.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): * Medicaid, general eligibility and enrollment criteria experience and overall services available through AHCCCS and DES.
* Customer service experience.
* Understanding or knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act
* Experience working in a call center environment.
SELECTIVE PREFERENCE(S): * Six months experience in customer service or as a volunteer or internship.
* Prior healthcare experience a plus but not required.
BENEFITS At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application. For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.
Please apply for this position by following the link provided below. A new window will open on your screen and you will be directed to the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) employment website.