Customer Service Rep 3
Customer Service Rep 3
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Customer Service Representative 3
Closing Date: 11/14/2021
The Division of Member & Provider Services (DMPS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Customer Service Representative 3. This position is part of DMPS Office of Communication Advocacy, Resolution and Enrollment’s (OCARE) specialized units dedicated to serving Community Partners, and Provider Assistance (PA) by resolving problems and responding to inquiries and concerns from high level sources within AHCCCS, AHCCCS providers, state and local government entities, members and community partner organizations. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Answer calls received by the DMPS, AHCCCS Members, General Public, Provider Assistance and Community Assistor units; resolve high level inquiries from the Governor's office, legislature, and Senior AHCCCS leadership; adhere to established call center guidelines and agency policies
* Researching and analyzing difficult case discrepancies utilizing computer information systems to resolve complex customer concerns, questions and offer resources.
* Monitor and assist with processing email requests via the Community Partner Operations public folder and InvGate. Discuss projects, clarify information, resolve problems, and exchange information in furtherance of the Community Partners outreach Goals.
* Update the Recipient Member Subsystem with eligibility, enrollment, demographic, Medicare and other pertinent data. Along with completing APEP verification for providers and using InvGate to escalate or take actions on requests.
* Processing of recipient letters, billing, faxes, and electronic communications received by DMPS OCARE public folders.
* Completion of monthly, quarterly, and on-demand statistical reporting as requested.
* Actively participate in the Arizona Management System initiative within the unit, division and agency. Actively participate in OCARE and MCDU meetings and activities.
* Due to COVID-19 precautions the recruiting process has been adjusted to meet the standard health guidelines outlined by the State. Interviews will be conducted virtually and may also be by way of video conference utilizing a platform like Google Meet/Hangouts or WebEx/Zoom.
* Knowledge of Microsoft products and Google products including Word/Docs, Gmail, PowerPoint/Slides and Excel/Sheets.
* Knowledge of AHCCCS Eligibility Policy and subsystems: PMMIS and HEAplus.
* Knowledge of call center operations.
* Ability to handle consistent incoming workload and special projects quickly and accurately.
* Ability to exercise tact and maintain positive interpersonal interactions.
* Skilled in exceptional technical, analytical, problem solving and decision-making.
* One year experience as a Customer Service Representative 2 working with the state of Arizona, or three years of experience in a multifunctional customer service environment. Experience working in Medicaid eligibility and/ or enrollment a plus but not required.
* Bilingual (Spanish) preferred but not required.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.