Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Contract and Policy Analyst
First resume review: 01/31/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Contract and Policy Analyst. This position is responsible for the tracking and maintenance of managed care contracts, medical and/or operational policies, guides & manuals and requires that numerous actions be accomplished to ensure that all aspects of the process are completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position is also responsible for maintaining ongoing working knowledge of policies and contracts in order to ensure provisions remain accurate across policies and contracts, as appropriate. Although this position may work on both contract and policy, it may be required to maintain an area of focus on one or the other for a period of time. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Overseeing the preparation, distribution and tracking of AHCCCS managed care contractor policies, forms, attachments, guides and manuals and other materials for Policy Committee review, public comment feedback and/or AHCCCS review and approval.
* Solicit input on critical contract provisions/revisions from stakeholders within and outside DHCM, arrange meetings with stakeholders incorporate input into solicitations and/or contract amendments and track contract revisions for future contract cycles.
* Assist in preparing the required documentation for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to obtain approval of new and renewal contracts within established timeframes.
* Assists with contract development/amendments and/or RFP process as needed within the unit.
* Manages ad hoc administrative projects and conducts other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Extensive knowledge of technical writing and editing, contract and policy development and distribution processes.
* Knowledge of Medicaid managed care program and managed care principles.
* Ability to synthesize and consolidate technical information into clear and concisely written guidance documents.
* Must possess organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and the ability to prioritize projects and manage competing deadlines to ensure successful project completion.
* Work cooperatively with others (internal and external customers and stakeholders) and to provide guidance to other unit or division staff as needed.
* Bachelor's degree in a field related to the functions of this position
* Direct experience (2-4 years) in a health care environment or health care administration.
* Two to three years of experience in a regulatory environment and experience with Medicaid managed care contracting.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.