The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Salary: $62,000 - $68,000
Closing Date: 9/28/2021
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Cobol Developer. Developing and modifying computer programs using IDEAL or COBOL and preparing JCL, or other operating control language(s), position is responsible for completing written system analysis and design tasks technical in nature and in full scope of requirements.
* Performing technical systems analysis tasks
* Testing and debugging programs
* Coding and modifying programs
* Participating in system testing
* Performing user requirements systems analysis tasks
* Reviewing, discussing and comprehending assignments with project leader
* Documenting programs
* Demonstrated proficiency in computer programming language(s) and methodologies, i.e., IDEAL, COBOL, JCL (or other operating control language required by the environment)
* Experienced in developing and executing project workplans
* Skilled in the complete lifecycle systems design, analysis and testing procedures
* Proven proficiency in the ability to work closely with business and other diversely talented technologists with a high degree of accuracy and detail
* Knowledge of extremely complex relational database structures
* Two years’ experience in full life cycle software development, which includes requirement definition, analysis, design, coding, system testing, documentation and implementation
* Extremely positive attitude
* Ability to learn fast and be adaptive to change
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.