Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Clinical Data Manager
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Clinical Data Manager. Under the leadership of the Clinical Administrator, this position will perform complex, high-profile data-related tasks and manage data-related projects and processes for AHCCCS delivery systems, statewide initiatives, and state/federal reporting requirements. The position will partner with clinical subject matter experts (SMEs) to document query requirements for needed data metrics and analyses. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Support clinical team data needs, including but not limited to data analytics, visual management metrics, dashboards, and complex data analyses at the member, provider, MCO, and system level. Must thoroughly document requirements and determine best methods for analysis and presentation.
* Attend meetings to determine unit/business needs related to clinical data; work with SMEs to develop appropriate metrics and queries, provide recommendations for how to best use the available data, and offer technical assistance.
* Manage special projects related to clinical data, which may include the CMDP Dashboard, BH Utilization reviews, Emergency Department wait time analysis, and state/federal reporting requirements as assigned.
* Manage the data elements and structure for the Clinical Oversight Committee.
* Represent the Clinical Team at data-related meetings such as the Data Stewardship meeting and Clinical Dashboard discussions.
* Assist with data validation efforts as requested; may include performance measures, secret shopper surveys, performance improvement projects, MCO report cards, etc.
* Demonstrated knowledge of statistical concepts, data analysis, data management, data quality control and data reporting.
* Advanced experience working in SAS, SQL, Excel and databases.
* Management of multiple projects and data analyses simultaneously; strong time-management skills; prioritization of multiple projects and flexibility to accommodate changes and new areas of focus.
* Demonstrated experience with medical coding, including ICD-10, CPT and DSM-IV.
* Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and with multiple stakeholders processing varying degrees of data knowledge/exposure.
* In depth knowledge of problem solving and technical writing.
* A bachelor’s degree in clinical informatics or at least 4-5 years of experience in healthcare analytics/data management.
* At least two years’ of complex data analytics experience in a managed care environment.
* Strong knowledge of and experience building complex data queries in COGNOS.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700.