Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Clinical Data Analyst
First Resume Review: 10/18/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Clinical Data Analyst. This position will perform complex, high-profile data-related tasks and manage data-related projects and processes for AHCCCS delivery systems, statewide initiatives, and state/federal reporting requirements. The position will partner with clinical and financial subject matter experts to document query requirements for needed data metrics and analyses. This position will be responsible for designing and executing data studies and evaluations to support the Clinical and Financial/Data Units. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Support DHCM data and business intelligence needs, including but not limited to data analytics, visual management metrics, data mining, dashboards, and complex data analyses at the member, provider, MCO, and system level. Must thoroughly document requirements and determine best methods for analysis and presentation.
* Attend meetings to determine unit/business needs related to clinical and utilization data; work with SMEs to develop appropriate metrics and queries, provide recommendations for how to best use the available data, and offer technical assistance.
* Manage special projects related to clinical data, which may include the CMDP Dashboard, Behavioral Health Utilization reviews, Emergency Department wait time analysis, and state/federal reporting requirements as assigned.
* Manage the data elements and structure for the Clinical Oversight Committee. Generate and manage dashboards of utilization for initiatives approved by the Financial Review Committee.
* Represent the Clinical Team at data-related meetings such as the Data Stewardship meeting and Clinical Dashboard discussions.
* Assist with data validation efforts as requested; may include performance measures, secret shopper surveys, performance improvement projects, MCO report cards, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated knowledge of statistical concepts, data analysis, data management, data quality control and data reporting.
* Medical coding, including ICD 10, CPT, and DSM-IV.
* Techniques to select a particular approach to analyze and evaluate large data sets.
* Substantial experience working with SQL, MS Access, MS Excel, COGNOS, and statistical programs.
* Able to understand complex data patterns, data inflow/outflow with systems and help solve business problems through analytical skills.
* Work collaboratively in a team environment and with multiple stakeholders that possess varying degrees of data knowledge/exposure.
* Navigate between technical and business needs and assist business users to develop thoughtful data requests and understand/work with the data upon delivery of data.
* A bachelor’s degree in clinical informatics or at least 4-5 years of experience in healthcare analytics/data management.
* At least two years’ of complex data analytics experience in a managed care environment.
* Strong knowledge of and experience building complex data queries in COGNOS.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.