Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Claims Customer Service Supervisor
First resume review: 11/27/2018
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Fee for Service Management (DFSM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Claims Customer Service Supervisor. This position supervises the daily activities of the call center and manages the in-bound call volume and quality. The position resolves escalated calls and provides daily leadership. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Supervises Customer Service Representative staff and monitors the Inbound call center software to evaluate call volume and workload.
* Resolves escalated calls and assists customer service representatives with call related questions.
* Provides training for new agents and mentors current agents.
* Identifies, researches and reports claims processing trends to Claims Operations Administrator.
* Responsible for the completion of employee performance reviews for direct reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of Call Center Operations and Practices.
* Knowledge of Supervisory and managerial principles and techniques.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or like programs.
* Skill in verbal communication 1on1 and Group.
* Skill in Writing Correspondence and Reports.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* One year or more experience in a call center environment.
* PMMIS experience.
* Experience in health care plans processing.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.