Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Claims Customer Service Rep
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Fee for Service Management (DFSM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Claims Customer Service Rep. The position answers phone calls from providers regarding the status of medical claims submitted, and clarifies claims policies and procedures. This position has the potential of being worked from home following an extensive training period. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Answers phone calls and addresses issues from providers regarding the status of medical claims submitted.
* Clarifies claims policies and procedures.
* Documents responses to provider inquiries/issues.
* Demonstrated professional interactions with internal and external customers in a health insurance call center.
* Experience with medical claims payment processes with ICD-9/10 coding.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficient level of keyboard skills (40 WPM) and the ability to navigate within computer/systems.
* Demonstrated experience with research, analysis techniques, independent decision making and knowing when to evaluate the decision.
* Experience with AHCCCS Rules, Regulations, Policies, Procedures.
* Specialized knowledge of AHCCCS Fee For Service Programs.
* One year of experience in medical claims processing in an insurance/managed care environment.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700.