Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
TheDivision of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Business Operations Manager. This position works closely with the Assistant Director of the Division Business and Finance in the overall strategic implementation of the division's vision, mission, initiatives and end goals; oversees the administrative services of the division; and serves as a partner with Human Resources & Development (HRD).Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Partner with Human Resources & Development (HRD) to manage and monitor implementation of personnel policies & procedures. Provides guidance on staffing and recruitment and talent management; the hiring process; personnel actions; classification and compensation action requests; organizational of division units; employee training, evaluations and employee relations matters.
* Partner with DBF leadership on preparation and tracking of the Administrative Budget, including the spending plan, special requests and budget related position papers, and obtaining professional and outside services for DBF, including temporary personnel services as needed.
* Manages the payroll process for the division and all matters related to division facility, equipment, space issues, physical moves, travel and procurement, utilizing the Arizona Procurement Portal (APP) processes.
* Provides senior level support to the DBF Assistant Director, section Administrators, Managers and Supervisors.
* Serves as the Division’s Purchasing Card holder, which includes careful and efficient use of the P-card and to complete monthly reconciliation of expenditures.
* Supervises direct report(s). Prepares and issues Performance Appraisal Planners and Appraisals.Provides supervision, coaches, trains, works with staff to develop efficiencies in work processes and monitors the accuracy and quality of all work products.
* Serves as Arizona Management System (AMS) manager for the division. Regularly attends huddle board meetings of the units, provides training on AMS best practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Ability to initiate and facilitate projects/recommendations for continuous quality improvement, work with differing opinions and bringing about compromise.
* Knowledge of State government, sound fiscal management, administrative processes, laws, rules and regulations, including but not limited to human resources, state contract, procurement, and budget policies and procedures.
* Principles and practices of supervision, and office management with an emphasis on streamlining, operations, organizational analysis, personnel management and employee relations.
* Superior verbal and written communication, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
* Skilled in use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Picture Manager,Publisher, and other computer software, such as Google e-mail and calendar, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, Arizona Procurement Portal (APP), Human Resources Information Solutions (HRIS), Talent Acquisition System (TA), and Your Employee Services (Y.E.S.).
* Three to five years of high-level professional administrative support in State government that includes one year of supervisory experience.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
Please apply for this position by following the link provided below. A new window will open on your screen and you will be directed to the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) employment website.