Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Business Intelligence Manager
First Resume Review: 03/31/2020
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Business Intelligence Manager. This position will oversee all aspects of the Business Intelligence/Reporting Team and will work cooperatively with the Data Governance, Data Oversight, Analytics Manager and the ODA Administrator. This position be responsible to manage the work of the Business Intelligence Staff (BI) including reviewing, approving time, training, mentoring, coaching staff members, providing feedback and oversight to vendors & contractors, and will also be responsible for the performance evaluations of its direct reports. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Responsible for monitoring timelines and budgets within the Business Intelligence team. Report regularly to administrator and ensure projects are on tract and budget.
* Manage and direct a team of five staff members in the business intelligence unit. This includes reviewing and providing guidance to staff on their work products.
* Assist Administrator with assignments, technical tasks, training, attending technical and policy meetings.
* Create ad-hoc or standardized reports at the request of users.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated Project Management experience
* Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid programs and services
* Strong prioritization and planning skills
* Experience in supervision of analysis staff
* Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Ability to understand and respond to complex, ambiguous issues and assignments
* Strong ability to m ulti-task with quick turnaround times and under pressure
* PMMIS, Six Sigma, agile certification or other project management experience
* 5 years’ experience with broad based IT systems, data warehouse or Business Intelligence Tools
* Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in related field
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.