Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Business Intelligence Developer
First Resume Review: 05/29/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Business Intelligence Developer. This position works directly with Agency management and staff to fulfill business intelligence needs, translating data reporting needs and questions into technical specifications. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Design and develop reports using business intelligence tools that result in a clear and meaningful presentation of the data and respective analysis
* Assist in requirements gathering for business questions of management and staff and translate those technical specifications into data views to enable data driven decision making
* Provide oral and written feedback interpreting the results of the reports
* Serve as a trainer and support resource for other users within the Agency as it relates to business intelligence tools
* Attend meetings within the Agency with regard to business intelligence needs of the Agency
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of business intelligence concepts, practices and procedures, including general methodologies and techniques for data analysis and design, requirements gathering, quality assurance, and report development
* Demonstrated knowledge of health care operations and terminology, preferably within Medicaid
* Experience developing and designing clear and meaningful reports for end users
* Proven ability to analyze complex data, identifying trends, make recommendations and deliver presentations of the complex material in a clear and effective manner
* Experience developing and designing reports and dashboards from a data warehouse environment, with reporting tools such as Tableau and or Cognos
* Excellent oral and written communication
* Ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external customers, partnering with staff across the Agency to gather reporting requirements and analysis of data
* Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Finance, Economics or health care related field
* One - two years of data analytics and reporting experience
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.