- Closing at: Jan 23 2022 at 23:55 MST
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Salary: $47,476 - $55,774
The Division of Member and Provider Services (DMPS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Management Analyst 4. This position will manage system design and enhancements requirements from the user perspective for HEAplus, PMMIS and other agency systems; updates and recommends business rule changes; and leads system-based work groups. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Create, revise, conduct requirement reviews and System Requests (SR) for HEAplus and System Service Requests (SSR) for PMMIS and other agency systems.
* Lead and participate in Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions to document requirements and other projects related to planned enhancements to HEAplus, tracking software issues, and coordinating efforts to implement system changes. Research, analyze, and draft Impact Filters demonstrating potential return on investment for each incoming System Request idea.
* Attend meetings and conduct research to understand and establish requirements, business rules and system design components. Position is accountable in its determination to accomplish each task accurately and timely, with teamwork and partnership with other divisions and external partners to be aware of interdependencies and ensure seamless transitions.
* Draft Medicaid rules for eligibility systems; Review and interpret Medicaid rules and policy.
* Lead design and policy teams related to system changes. Lead, contribute to and/or participate in training, the Arizona Management System (AMS).
* Knowledge of system design concepts.
* Skill in writing instructions.
* Skill in communicating ideas to individuals and small groups both verbally and in writing.
* Skill in leading teams.
* Ability to lead groups to arrive at a consensus.
* Ability to identify and analyze organizational and/or procedural problems and create effective solutions.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective, cooperative relationships as necessary to conduct work.
* 3-years experience in a technical environment with testing & evaluating outcomes. 2-years management analysis experience. A Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the assignment will substitute for 1-year management analysis experience. The ideal candidate will work independently, be detail oriented and able to collaborate well with a diverse group of peers.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.