Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Apply By: 11/27/2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Budget Specialist. The position is located in the Budget Section and assists the Administrative Budget Manager and Budget Administrator in the management of administrative budget areas of almost $200 million annually. This is a challenging and dynamic environment that requires technical expertise in order to develop/maintain processes to meet the agency’s evolving/growing business needs. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Assist with report preparation and program justifications for budget submittal. Track expenditures and variance analysis and reporting.
* Consult with executive level management and key budget contacts to develop and monitor division spending plans. Make recommendations and determine future budgets and projections.
* Evaluate and approve purchase requests and ensure funding availability on agency and division levels.
* Responsible for producing and publishing a variety of budget reports and documents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Basic experience in Microsoft Excel and/or Power BI for expenditure analysis and report development, and Google Suite.
* Skilled in problem solving, decision making, and in-depth research tactics.
* The ability to communicate effectively on technical matters, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to adapt to changing priorities in an efficient and effective manner.
* Capable of working collectively or through collaboration.
* Knowledge and abilities required in this position may be obtained through business, health care and State of Arizona programmatic and budgetary experience; training in budget procedures, Arizona Procurement Portal (APP), and the Arizona Financial Accounting System (AFIS); college degree or higher in a management or financial related fields. Demonstrated application of data analysis and variance reporting experience/products or data science.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.