Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Behavioral Health Nurse Case Manager
Apply by 07/23/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Fee for Service Management (DFSM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a CRS Nurse Case Manager. After a successful training period, this position will work primarily from home, with some in-office meetings and on site duties being required. This position is responsible for understanding the needs of, and coordinating care for, members with physical, behavioral and CRS conditions, and other special heath care needs. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Coordinates medical and/or behavioral health care for members with unusual and complex cases, including but not limited to CRS referrals, specialized transportation, discharge planning, specialty care, arranging for medical equipment, skilled nursing or home health services.
* Coordinates services and authorizations for members transitioning from AHCCCS health plans to the American Indian Health Program.
* Works with Tribes, TRBHAs, and IHS/638 medical homes to establish rapport and close collaboration, and works with other Fee-for-Service providers for care coordination.
* Coordinates medical care for transplants in conjunction with AHCCCS Division of Health Care Management (DHCM).
* Serves as back up resource to all clinical functions in the Care Management Systems Unit (CMSU).
* Develops reporting, tracking and trending for presentations to DFSM Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Hold a current Arizona RN license.
* Knowledge of case management concepts, principles and strategies.
* Knowledge of AHCCCS and ALTCS program design and implementation, and relevant federal and state statutes, regulations and rules governing same.
* Medical and behavioral health care management and delivery.
* Strong ability to collaborate with others for a mutually beneficial outcome.
* Analytical skills to identify and correlate specific patterns, initiate investigations, submit findings and recommendations.
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
* Ideal candidate will have 3 years’ experience as a Certified Case Manager.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.