The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Salary: 48,000 - 52,000
Closing Date: 02/26/2021
The Office of Inspector General is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a, Audit Specialist. This position will report to an Audit Supervisor in the AHCCCS Office of the Inspector General (OIG). This position will be responsible for auditing Providers and Health Plans; providing technical assistance; working interdependently and in a team environment. This individual will be working with Providers, Health Plans, and internal staff to obtain required documentation, process information, and generate required reports and correspondence.
* Conduct On-site and Desk Audits with Providers and Contractors to ensure compliance and integrity with program requirements.
* Ability to analyze and interpret data to effectively communicate the audit results.
* Research and understand Federal and State Statutes pertaining to AHCCCS and Medicaid, AHCCCS Policies, as well as Medical coding.
* Coordinate activities with Federal and State regulations, contracts, policies, and guidelines to ensure compliance.
* Interact with internal and external customers at various levels, providing guidance and technical assistance as needed.
* Exhibit oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate; Produce high level reports and correspondence for internal and external customers
* Assist in the development of internal and external Audit processes.
* Knowledge of: research, written and verbal communications, government process experience related to auditing, process improvement, Medicaid or behavioral health, data collection/metrics, medical coding/billing and encounters. Reconciling records.
* Must have knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices in accordance with the Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), data validation and analysis, and audit processes.
* Skilled in research, mathematics, data analysis, problem solving, computer skills that include Microsoft Office and Google Suite. Written and verbal communication.
* Ability to: analyze, interpret and communicate data, communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, conduct multiple audits and tasks, perform accurate and timely work with minimal supervision, take initiative.
* Ability to work in a team environment. Plan, summarize, and analyze large amount of complex information and data. Present information in a clear and concise fashion into formal reporting documents.
* BA in a Health Care related field and/or 2-3 years of work experience related in an Analytics, Auditing, Health Care, or Medical Coding.)
* Strong computer skills, understanding the importance of data collections in accordance with the Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.