Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Assistant Director Managed Care
First Resume Review: 08/27/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Assistant Director of Managed Care. Under the supervision of the Deputy Director for Health Plan Operations, the Assistant Director position will be responsible for the leadership of: Clinical Units including Quality Management; System of Care; Quality Improvement; Medical Management and LTC Case Management; Maternal Child Health/Early and Periodic Screening Diagnosis and Treatment (EPSDT), and Clinical Resolution; and Operations Units including Compliance and Network; Contracts and Policy; Program Initiatives; and project management staff. The AD also has shared oversight of the DHCM Administrative unit. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Oversight of all DHCM Clinical and Operations Units. Shared oversight of the Administrative Unit.
* Co lead the DHCM Management Team to coordinate work processes, meet deadlines, maintain a smooth running operation, and promote a positive morale in the division, ensuring staff are equipped to be able to meet their responsibilities and deadlines. Handle issues and concerns proactively.
* Attend and/or lead Division, Agency, and External meetings related to the programs and activities of DHCM, as appropriate.
* Update the Deputy Director on the status of programs, projects, and activities, identifying any issues and new information that needs to be elevated to the Director's Office. Serve on the Agency's Leadership Team.
* Special projects and assignments as directed by the Agency Director and Deputy Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated knowledge of federal regulations relating to Medicaid and Medicare.
* Knowledge of AHCCCS rules, regulations, programs, policies and procedures.
* Knowledge of Clinical Quality Management/Assurance and Utilization Review methods, practices and processes.
* Knowledge of health care program administration for a large organization;
* Concise and effective written and verbal communication;
* Strong public speaking ability to address groups on AHCCCS and health care;
* Advanced degree in business, health care administration or a health related field. Experience with the design, development and administration of managed health care programs.
* Strong experience in managing, motivating, and coordinating high-level professionals.
* Clinical background preferred.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.