Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
for the Office of Grants Administration
First Resume Review: 07/29/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Office of the Director (OOD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Assistant Director for the Office of Grants Administration within the Office of the Director. This position will report directly to the Deputy Director for Business Operations, and work in close collaboration with the AHCCCS Executive Leadership Team. The position will also serve as the AHCCCS point of contact related to the pursuit, implementation and oversight of grants administered by the agency. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Community education, collaboration and outreach with state agencies, MCOs, advocacy groups and other stake holders regarding AHCCCS grant funded behavioral health services and access to quality care. Direct and oversee the statewide prevention plan.
* Serve as the State Opioid Treatment Authority (SOTA).
* Administration, management and program oversight of AHCCCS’ current portfolio of grants, ensuring proper spending and delivery of grant dollars in support of providing needed quality behavioral services.
* Provide direct and indirect supervision of Office of Grants Administration staff.
* Support AHCCCS Executive Leadership (Director, Deputy Directors, CMO and Assistant Directors) with meeting coverage, policy development and interpretation, data analytics, planning and grant project support.
* The Division of Grants Administration will be responsible for the administration, management and program oversight of the agency’s current portfolio of grants, including but not limited to: the Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant (SABG), the Mental Health Block Grant (MHBG), the State Opioid Response (SOR), Opioid State Targeted Response (STR), and Substance Use Disorder (SUD) state appropriation, totaling over $100 million dollars in grant funding.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated knowledge of the Arizona Public Behavioral Health delivery system including AHCCCS/Administrative policies and procedures, and AHCCCS contracted Managed Care Organization (MCOs) policies and procedures; SAMSHA and CMS regulations.
* Operational knowledge of Arizona’s grant funded services, including Title 19 and Non-Title 19 services.
* Operational and clinical knowledge in opioid treatment program administration; prevention planning and implementation.
* Strong skills in leading and assisting with grant applications, grant monitoring and regulatory compliance; analytical review and evaluation of grant program activities and services; grant outcome evaluation; effectively lead and develop employees.
* Produce effective written communication, including presentations, developing policies and producing work products with limited supervision and multi-task in a fast paced environment; facilitating and soliciting community and provider feedback; effectively interacting with federal regulators; be comfortable with public speaking and conflict resolution.
* Ability to develop and improve programs and ensure quality delivery of mental health and substance use services; ability to understand and communicate data/health analytics.
* Ensure proper budget adherence, management, and optimization.
* Five years clinical and/or programmatic experience in a medical behavioral health service delivery system including experience in a public managed care environment.
* Masters degree in a behavioral health or health related field.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.