Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Applications Development Supervisor
First Resume Review: 07/02/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated and solutions driven individual to join our team as an Applications Development Supervisor for the Secure Web Application Transactions team. This position is responsible for supervising a team of web developers who implement secure web based automated systems that meet our business needs. This is accomplished by mentoring staff and providing hands on experience of the software development methodologies according to best known practices for developing quality applications. By ensuring established procedures are followed and where necessary drives improvement of policy and procedures. Manages all phases of projects to successful completion and ensures the highest security standards are followed. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Managing and mentoring staff to successful completion of assignments by applying AMS principles, SDLC methodologies and best known security standards to all web applications.
* Provide well written communications as well as verbal communication, provide excellent customer service and build good business relationships with all entities.
* Ensure federal guidelines and regulations (CMS, HIPAA) are followed.
* Prepare management and status reports of projects; ensure all work is performed according to written policy and procedures.
* Conduct employee one-on-ones, complete employee evaluations and participate in the hiring process for the department.
* Review ISD application development policies and procedures, actively participate in the AMS.
* Attend meetings, classes, seminars and demonstrations when applicable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Strategic planning in order to develop goals/objects for the department, including management principles in order to mentor and lead staff toward the successful completion of assignments.
* Project management in order to effectively manage projects and resources.
* Self-motivated, goal oriented, well organized, and performs effectively under pressure with good listening skills and training techniques.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective policies and procedures regarding the operation of the department.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resole a wide variety of problems, working in a fast paced, quickly changing environment, and a culturally diverse setting and excellent problem solving skills.
* Experience in applying the principles of AMS and SDLC to make improvement in the department
* Proficient in written and verbal communications skills to allow effective communication with upper management, peers, subordinates, clients and customers
* 8-10 years’ work experience in web based software development
* 8-10 years’ work experience in a project management position
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.