Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Fee for Service Management (DFSM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Administrative Assistant. This position provides senior level support for AHCCCS/DFSM Administration, as well as direct support for the DFSM Assistant Director, AHCCCS Medical Director and DFSM Administrative Services Manager. This position also serves as HR Business Partner for the Division, and performs complex special projects as assigned, including but not limited to: AHCCCS Recognition Team (ART), managing calendars, employee leave requests, process purchase requisitions, maintain office supplies, coordinate DFSM employee travel (including claims), Liaison for ISD requests, facilities requests, security, computer access, phones, equipment repair and office/work station moves. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Provides Senior level support to the DFSM Assistant Director, Deputy Assistant Director, Medical Director and Administrative Services Manager, as assigned.
* Performs HR Business Partner functions and is the DFSM Data Security Liaison for the Division.
* Processes Purchase Requisitions through state procurement system, coordinates employee state travel, and maintains office supplies.
* Tracks medical reviews completed by the AHCCCS Medical Director.
* Processes facilities requests for the Division.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of AHCCCS and ADOA policies and procedures, and ability to represent the Division in a professional and positive manner.
* Principles and practice of administration, planning, organization and research.
* Advanced computer skills - proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio and SharePoint.
* Knowledge of state government, including Human Resources Information Solution (HRIS), Talent Acquisition, state procurement systems, and other state human resources functions.
* Time management skills, including ability to prioritize and re-prioritize projects and responsibilities and work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
* Superior verbal and written communication, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.Effective interpersonal skills in interacting with entire Division and other Divisions.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, listen and communicate effectively, and present creative approaches and solutions to identified issues.
* Three to five years of administrative experience, excellent computer skills, working knowledge of AZ State procurement system, HRIS and Talent Acquisition.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
Please apply for this position by following the link provided below. A new window will open on your screen and you will be directed to the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) employment website.