Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Administrative Assistant 3
First Review of Resumes: 6/2/2020
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Member and Provider Services (DMPS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Administrative Assistant 3. This position provides administrative support to DMPS Senior Management Team, other managers and Business Support Employee Services unit. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Administrative support for the Assistant Director & the DMPS Senior Management Team including; but not limited to: coverage of phones, using word processing, spreadsheet, presentation applications to prepare documents and manage activities; faxing, scanning, copying, travel arrangements, schedule of meetings and calendar management; manage conference rooms and Google Hangouts.
* Coordinate Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP), Emergency Response Team (ERT), Electronic Time Entry (ETE), stipend implementation and tracking, travel claims, move and telecom forms, field office support and back-up for purchasing liaison.
* Back-up DMPS Business Partners: Maintain electronic files which includes scanning, maintaining spreadsheets, scheduling interviews, and reference checks for hiring events, etc.
* Participate in and support projects within the division, including: Arizona Management System (AMS), employee metrics and other division reports, meeting facilitation, etc.
* Participation in the R.E.A.C.H (Recognition, Engagement, AHCCCS, Community, Healthy Living) committee and/or the DMPS Events teams.
* Support the Division SharePoint site by posting updates, adding documents and managing the employee suggestion program, maintaining shared directories and some reporting responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge in business etiquette, ethics, principles and practices of administration, organization and research
* Skill in time management, project organization and follow-through
* Skill in analysis and problem solving
* Skill in business office operations software and applications
* Ability to interact regularly with people in a wide range of positions via oral and written communication
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Three years responsible administrative experience OR Bachelor’s degree in a field appropriate to assignment AND 2 years responsible administrative experience; OR master’s degree in field appropriate to assignment.
* AHCCCS programs, operational procedures and organizational structure experience a plus
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.