Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Administrative Assistant 3
First Resume Review: 09/13/2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The newly established Division of Community Advocacy and Intergovernmental (DCAIR) ensures Health Plan and Program Contractors’ resolution of consumer affairs and human rights issues and compliance with related aspects of their contracts. The DCAIR is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Administrative Assistant. This is a part-time position that will offer administrative support to Office Of Individual & Family Affairs (OIFA) & report to the Bureau Chief. OIFA promotes recovery, resiliency and wellness for individuals with mental health and substance use. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Assist OIFA in educating the community. This will include coordinating presentations, the development of educational material, meeting notes and summarizing community feedback.
* Assisting OIFA in the identification of system barriers, developing methods to document related information, and assisting internally to elevate barriers.
* Assist with preparations of documents (e.g. agenda, meeting minutes, handouts)
* Assist with preparation & delivery of various presentations and training in the community.
* Other duties as assigned as related to the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* General knowledge of Arizona Medicaid System, and state and/or local community resources.
* Complex office and clerical procedures and practices.
* Research techniques & analysis.
* Google or comparable software program.
* Written & verbal communication.
* Work independently without continuous supervision.
* Interact professionally with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
* Preference will be given to individuals with behavioral health lived experience.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.