Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Administrative Assistant II
First Resume Review: 07/23/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Administrative Assistant II. Looking for a creative individual who is up for a challenge, is time oriented and able to make their work fun (when it permits) while still accomplishing their task. This individual will juggle a steady workload but is flexible to take on new duties as demands change in Information Technology. This position offers opportunities to learn new skills and flex your role as you grow. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Manages the administrative tasks for the Quality and Configuration Management and Applications Development departments
* Special projects, as assigned
* Ensures that all clerical and secretarial duties are accomplished to the satisfaction of both the Applications Manager and the Quality and Configuration Manager
* Coordinates administrative matters between organizational units and provides support for the various divisions
* Prepares a variety of correspondence, attends meetings, and seminars
* Coordinates with ISD secretarial support to ensure and maintain continuous and thorough division telephone coverage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of policies, procedures and responsibilities of ISD and how ISD interacts with other divisions, state agencies or health plans
* Comprehensive knowledge of office productivity software (i.e., Google Suite and Microsoft Suite)
* Competent knowledge of business English (grammar and spelling), style and format of correspondence (reports, etc.), and routine letter/memo composition
* Appropriate information gathering, file maintenance and updating of procedures such as audits and metric reporting
* Knowledge of the operation and management of office equipment
* Appropriate support functions relevant to meeting/conference agenda, schedule preparation, and work-flow management
* Basic understanding of concepts of the AHCCCS program
* 3 plus years’ clerical experience
* PC training classes
* Administrative seminars and classes related to job assignments
* Reading, writing and analysis experience in the business setting
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.