ACCTG SPV 1
ACCTG SPV 1
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Accounting Supervisor I
Salary: $47,476 - $60,354
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Accounting Supervisor I. The person in this position will be responsible for the Programmatic Accounts Payable Unit to ensure that all health plans/providers’ payments, claims and deposits are processed in a timely manner.
* Supervises team members’ workload, training and completion of annual evaluations.
* Ensures that all programmatic payments and remittance are finalized in a timely manner.
* Ensures that claims and deposits are processed through AFIS to reimburse programmatic accounts.
* Reviews and coordinates testing for new programs and system upgrades.
* Knowledge of principles, concepts, practices methods and techniques of government accounting and fiscal management (GAAP, GAAS).
* 2 years of experience as a supervisor or manager.
* Knowledge of the Federal funding process related to programmatic expenditures including knowledge of the applicable Code of Federal Regulations (CFR’s) and the Cash Management Improvement Act (CMIA).
* Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Degree with a major in accounting from an accredited college or university or five years of government accounting experience equivalent to an Accountant II and at least 15 semester hours of accounting from an accredited college or university.
* Rules and regulations and processing of all administrative claims as outlined under the State of Arizona Accounting Manual and AHCCCS Policies.
* Knowledge and experience with the mainframe application; PMMIS (Prepaid Medical Management Information System).
* Experience and training on the State’s new accounting system, AFIS.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.