ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST 2
ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST 2
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Accounting Specialist 2
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Accounting Specialist-2. This position applies basic principles, concepts, practices, methods, and techniques of governmental accounting focused on accounts receivable. The position is responsible for collaborating with the State General Accounting Office and AHCCCS DHCM and ISD staff to invoice the healthcare investment assessment quarterly.
* This position will monitor and maintain finance related invoicing and receipt activities for two hospital assessment billings programs. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
* This position responds to calls in the DBF Call Center related to the hospital assessments and premium billing members as well as responding to telephone inquiries for providers.
* Records comments on screens in the Premium Billing System and follows-up on internal problems and issues with other divisions in the Agency.
* Responsible for professional customer satisfaction. Conducts research, review findings and provides a resolution for AHCCCS hospital and members that are assessed a quarterly and monthly/ premium who have called or written concerns, issues, or problems.
* Reconciles, analyzes, verifies, and balances financial transactions.
* Experience in accounts receivable processing system to include billing, collections, and general accounting.
* Excellent oral and written communications.
* Strong customer service, interpersonal skills, and telephone etiquette.
* Ability to manage time and maintain organized accurate records.
* Computer skills and work/experience with Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, Word, and Excel.
* Knowledge of basic principles, concepts, practices, methods of government accounting; rules, regulations and procedures governing billing and collection and ACH processing.
* One year of government accounting experience or completion of at least 12 semester hours of accounting from an accredited college and/or three years of profession level accounting experience in business or industry.
* Knowledge and experience using the State Accounting System (AFIS).
* Knowledge in billing, collections and ACH processing.
* Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus verbally and in written form.
* Knowledge in CISCO Agent Call Center Desktop
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.