Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Apply by 06/26/2019
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Accounting Specialist in our Payroll unit. Responsible to support the Payroll Unit with processing payroll, as well as auditing payroll reports for compliance with State and Federal regulations. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* This position is responsible for processing and auditing payroll records for compliance with State and Federal regulations. This position uses the State payroll/personnel system, Human Resources Information Solution (HRIS) and employee Time Entry (ETE) for data entry, ADOA AFIS for reporting capabilities, and auditing of employees accounts; in addition to providing internal and external customer service.
* Maintain accurate and complete payroll records for over 1110 employees while ensuring the security of confidential payroll records. Ensures funds are deposited into the appropriate employee bank accounts. Timely and accurately pays wages and processes expenditures transactions.
* Prepare a biweekly payroll audit using an Excel File with lookup reference formulas to identify errors regarding the employees’ gross pay, retroactive adjustments, stipends, travel and any incentive payments in the short time window between the computation deadline and the actual pay date.
* Ensure departmental procedures comply with Federal and State regulations, and Arizona Department of Administration (ADOA) Personnel Rules and Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) policies and procedures. Maintain payroll processes and procedures, e.i., electronic timesheet adjustment process and electronic leave request forms.
* Catalog and track Personnel Action Forms (PAF) from HRD to ensure accurate and complete processing of the information in the HRIS system. Maintains the quality and integrity of the HRIS system and the Payroll Unit work flow including payroll processing and reporting of transactions.
* Responds to the agency Payroll Helpline to provide high quality customer service to AHCCCS employees. Conducts research for employees’ concerns, issues and problems to provide resolution.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Working knowledge and experience with Excel, Word and Google email/calendar.
* The ability to analyze and research problems independently, and determines the nature of the problems and provide resolutions.
* Provide quality customer service.
* Working knowledge of an automated accounting system.
* Perform multiple tasks, under pressure and meet established timelines.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Minimum of 24 months experience in a customer service related accounts receivable and payable, payroll or human resources work environment where direct interaction was required with customers both in person and over the telephone.
* Knowledge of Human Resources Information Solution (HRIS) is a plus.
* Knowledge of the various rules and regulations that govern payroll processing can be obtained by studying the sections of ADOA Personnel Rules, AHCCCS Policies and Procedures, Code of Federal Regulations, State Arizona Accounting Manual, Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Family Medical Leave Act that specifically apply to payroll processing is a plus.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.