Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 11/14/2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Accounting Specialist-1, grade 16. This position oversees the collating and mailing of the weekly Fee for Service remittance advices; answers inbound Call Center phone calls to assist providers; processes refunds and returned checks; deposits, refunds and transfers. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Research, answer inbound Call Center phone calls, and assist provider inquiries regarding payments, recoupments, refunds, returns, lost checks, denied claims and to direct calls to the appropriate department to resolve providers’ questions.
* Process providers’ electronic payment transfer (ACH/EFT) enrollment forms for Medicaid billing Providers.
* Reconciliation of refunds and returned checks to maintain and update the State’s automated finance system log sheets and gather backup for processing.
* Prepare and enter suspense balance sheet accounts and settlement deposits into the State’s automated finance system.
* Prepare, coordinate, and oversee the weekly collating and mailing of claim remittance advices, approx. 27,000 pages.
* Coordinate and prepare files for archiving
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of Mainframe and Access database applications in order to run reports or research health plan and provider payments and refunds.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Interpersonal relationships as applied to individuals associated with this agency, other state agencies and healthcare providers.
* Skill in work techniques required to maintain accounting records through automated systems including personal computer skills and mainframe computer skills
* Ability to adapt to changing priorities in an efficient and effective manner.
* Completion of 12 semester hours of accounting or one year of professional level accounting experience.
* Knowledge and experience of an automated accounting system is a plus.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.